9.05.2009

Life's Not Perfect, and Neither Am I...

Nobody's perfect... It is a fact we all must face but usually fail to do so. I make mistakes, you make mistakes, we all scream for ice cream... it's all a part of our learning curve. It is all about how we deal with these mistakes, both our own and others. APope said it best himself, "To err is human, to forgive divine".

Life isn't perfect... No matter who you are, where you are, or what you are doing. We always want more. It is in our nature. It is the fact that drives our capitalist society.

There is no such thing as a life plan. We CAN plan; we CAN set things up for the future; but nothing is ever set in stone. The beauty, and curse, of this planet we live on is its chaotic nature. The future can be planned for, but never predicted.

Today I stepped back for a moment and examined my summer- everything that happened, everyone I've met, anything that brought me to where I am today. It is interesting to me that summer happens to be the season that usually effects me the most. It is usually when I have had the most live changing happenings and experienced the most growth.

Reading through my past entries, I realized that I had lost my voice. I am falling back into that place where I started out, the zombie-state of disconnect.

I will not let that happen. I cannot let that happen.

Please don't let that happen.

There is a time in everyone's life when they have hit rock bottom. A time when they need support, and a time when they might not know how to ask for it.

I thought I had hit that time before. I was wrong... because I am there now.

The fall from a great height is much worse than tripping on the ground. About a year ago, I tripped, and couldn't figure out how to get back up. The process was slow, until about three months ago, when I not only picked myself up, but started climbing. I got to a height equal to or above anything I had ever seen before.

And then I fell. And now I am in pain. And sometimes that makes me angry.

Mistakes can cause broken bones, hurt feelings and even broken lives. They are sometimes small and manageable, and other time hideous and cruel. We are judged upon these mistakes, and the choices that we have made.

It sucks... Big time...

So I say, hello, readers, my name is Red, and we will be restarting this journey full of knowledge and understanding and especially, new experiences. Please open your minds and your hearts to me, and I will try my damndest not to fail you, although I can promise nothing more than all that I can give. Are you with me? I will be here for you when you need me, will you do the same for me?

Spring may usually be the season associated with re-birth and renewal, but Autumn will be my rise from the Fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment